Saturday, April 14, 2012

Money

Money
and the shortage thereof.  There are people now who can't find jobs, or well-paying jobs. Empty storefronts show that businesses have closed. About a year ago I started looking for work, but found it frustrating and time-consuming. So this year I am working on do-it-myself home improvement and the never-ending yardwork.  I've been making beautiful scarves and just getting to the point where that small business is paying for itself.

God who tells us not to worry, who loves us, informs us that he is the owner of the cattle on a thousand hills.  Driving here from town I pass through about three miles of cattle country.  So I'm a little interested in this.  Cattle on the hoof can cost several thousand dollars.  Each.  How many cattle on a hill?  Maybe 50, 100, 200?  That makes up to several hundred thousand dollars on a hill, on each of a thousand hills.  That doesn't count deer, elk, pigs, chickens, forests, wheat and corn and soybeans. 

Okay, now let me see, what was I worrying about?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased your business is starting to pay for itself. Well done...it shows great commitment on your part.
    Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (around #777 on the A to Z list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhia, thank you. I enjoyed your insights on your blogs also.
      Peg

      Delete
  2. Well said! It's so easy to get caught up worrying about money and so hard to trust that God will provide.

    Congratulations on your business success! I hope it continues!


    Brianna
    Find me @
    BibleBloggers (#476 on the A-Z list)
    and @
    1st Writes (My Writer's Group Blog, #482 on the A-Z list)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Brianna,
      Although my business is not really a success unless it pays for my efforts also :)

      Delete
  3. As we lean not on our own understanding a way will be made. You are using your gifts and talents, your scarfs are lovely! Blessings, Amanda

    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
    Art Blog

    ReplyDelete